- ESPA Deltas Introductory Brochure
- Hydrolink 2013(2) pp40 Article; Nicholls, R.J., Hutton, C.W., Lazar, A.N., Rahman M., Salehin, M. & Ghosh, T. Understanding Climate Change and Livelihoods in Coastal Bangaldesh
- Deltas in Times of Climate Change II, Rotterdam 24-26 Sept 2014
- Nicholls et al, Assessing health, livelihoods, ecosystem services and poverty alleviation in populous deltas
- Lazar et al, Integration of bio-physical and livelihood dynamics for analysis of poverty in coastal Bangladesh
- Lim et al, The disaster management governance framework of Bangladesh, a model of good practice?
- Fernandes et al, Projecting fish production in Bangladesh under climate change
- Whitehead et al, Modelling Impacts of Climate Change and Societal Change on flows and nutrients in the GBM Delta of Bangladesh
- Hutton et al, Spatial Modelling of the Association between Agricultural Land Use and Poverty in the Ganges-Brahmaputra Delta
- Bricheno et al, River salinity on a mega-delta, an unstructured grid model approach
- Huq et al, Contested Governance of Ecosystem Services for Poverty Alleviation in Southwest Bangladesh
- Huq et al, Livelihoods in transformed floodplain: A case of flood polder in southwest Bangladesh
- Salehin et al, Spatial variation in soil salinity in relation to hydro-climatic factors in southwest coastal Bangladesh
- Caesar et al, High-resolution climate change projections for Bangladesh
- Adams et al, Drivers, constraints dynamics of wellbeing from ecosystem services in the deltaic environments of Bangladesh
- Mukhopadhyay et al, Dynamics of the tidal creeks of Bangladesh Sundarban: An indicator of Sea Level Rise?
- Hazra et al, Erosion and submergence of New Moore Island from Sundarban delta
- Rahman et al, Sediment Re-circulation in the Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna Estuaries and its implications for Ecosystem Services
- Sarker et al, Assessing the rate of subsidence in the Bengal Delta
- Lim et al, Multi-scale governance of ecosystem services and poverty in the GBM Delta - the Resilience Challenge
- Environmental Science: Processes and Impacts
- Nicholls et al. Editorial: The Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna deltas system: biophysical models to support analysis of ecosystem services and poverty alleviation
- Lazar et al. Agricultural livelihoods in coastal Bangladesh under climate and environmental change – a model framework
- Edmunds et al. A review of arsenic and its impacts in groundwater of the Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna delta, Bangladesh
- Caesar et al. Temperature and precipitation projections over Bangladesh and the upstream Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna systems
- Whitehead et al. Impacts of climate change and socio-economic scenarios on flow and water quality of the Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna river systems: low flow and flood statistics
- Futter et al Rainfall runoff modelling of the Upper Ganga and Brahmaputra basins using PERSiST
- Whitehead et al. Dynamic modeling of the Ganga river system: impacts of future climate and socio-economic change on flows and nitrogen fluxes in India and Bangladesh
- Jin et al. Assessing the impacts of climate change and socio-economic changes on flow and phosphorus flux in the Ganga river system
Hossain, M.D., Hein, L., Rip, F.I. and Dearing, J.A. (2013). “Integrating ecosystem services and climate change responses in coastal wetland development plans for Bangladesh.” Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global ChangeDOI 10.1007/s11027-013-9489-4
Lucy Bricheno, A.K.M. Saiful Islam, and Judith Wolf (2014). "River salinity on a mega-delta, an unstructured grid model approach." Geophysical Research Abstracts Vol. 16, EGU2014-5273, EGU General Assembly 2014
Judith Wolf, Lucy Bricheno, Shahad Chowdury, Munsur Rahman, Tuhin Ghosh, Susan Kay, and John Caesar (2014) "Assessing the impact of cyclones in the coastal zone of Bangladesh" Geophysical Research Abstracts Vol. 16, EGU2014-4773, EGU General Assembly 2014
Wolf, Chowdury, Rahman, Ghosh, Bricheno, Kay, Caesar (2013). "Assessing the impact of cyclones in the coastal zone of Bangladesh" Presented at the ESPA conference, London 2013
Munsur Rahman, Anisul Haque, Muhammad Khalid Bin Siddique, Mohammad Rezaie Ali, Md. Hafez Ahmed, Robert J. Nicholls, Stephen Darby, Judith Wolf, Maminul Haque Sarker, Shah Alam, Ishtiaq Ahmed, Sumaiya, Mostafa Ali Reza Hossain, Munir Ahmed, Lucy M. Bricheno, Ricardo Torres, Shahad Mahabub Chowdhury, Tuhin Ghosh. “A preliminary assessment of the impact of fluvio-tidal regime on ganges-brahmaputra-meghna delta and its impact on the ecosystem resources.” International Conference on Climate Change Impact and Adaptation (I3CIA-2013), DUET.
Ali Mohammad Rezaie, Sumaiya, Shah Alam, Ishtiaq Ahmed, Hafez Ahmed, Md. Nurul Kadir, Muhammad Khalid Bin Siddique, Mansur Ali Jisan, Anisul Haque, Munsur Rahman. “Computation of discharge and flow volume for different flooding scenario in the lower Meghna estuary." International Conference on Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (ICCESD-2014), 14-16 February 2014, KUET, Khulna, Bangladesh.
Anisul Haque, Munsur Rahman, Shah Alam, Sumaiya, Ishtiaq Ahymed, Maminul Haque Sarker, Robert J. Nicholls, Stephen Darby, Shahad Mahabub Chowdhury, Muhammad Khalid Bin Siddique, Md. Hafez Ahmed, Mohammad Rezaie Ali, Tuhin Ghosh. “Relationship between the Shapes and Hydraulic Regimes of the Estuaries of the Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna Delta." International Conference on Climate Change Impact and Adaptation (I3CIA-2013), DUET.
Susan Kay, Momme Butenschön, James Harle, John Caesar. “Projecting possible futures for management of shelf seas: two contrasting examples.” Advances in Marine Ecosystem Research, 30 June – 3 July 2014, Plymouth, UK (oral presentation).
Md Sarwar Hossain, John A Dearing, Md. Munsur Rahman, Mashfiqus Salehin.(2015) “Recent changes in ecosystem services and human wellbeing in the Bangladesh coastal zone.” Regional Environmental Change
Publications in Progress
Munir Ahmed, Mostafa Reza Hossain, Jose Fernandes Salvador, Shampa, Anisul Haque, Mashfiqus Salehin, Munsur Rahman. “Fish Profiles within the Western Estuarine System of the Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna Delta using Socio-Technical Approach.”
Mostafa A. R. Hossain, Munir Ahmed, Jose A. Fernandes, Manuel Barange, Susan Kay and M. M. Rahman. “Productivity, life history and catch projections for hilsa shad, Tenualosa ilisha.” (Hamilton, 1822).
Sumaiya, Rubaiya Kabir, Ali Mohammad Rezaie,Shah Alam, Ishtiaq Ahmed, Nurul Kadir, Mansur Ali Jisan, Wasif E-Elahi, Anisul Haque, Munsur Rahman. 5th International Conference on Water and Flood Management (ICWFM, 2015). "Salinity Extremes in Bangladesh Coast."
Rubaiya Kabir, Ali Mohammad Rezaie, Mansur Ali Jisan, Anisul Haque, Munsur Rahman. 5th International Conference on Water and Flood Management (ICWFM, 2015) "Calibration and Validation of a One Dimensional Unsteady Hydrodynamic Model in the South West Region of Bangladesh."
Ishtiaq Ahmed, Wasif E-Elahi, Sumaiya, Ali Mohammad Rezaie, Md. Nurul Kadir, Mansur Ali Jisan, Rubaiya Kabir, Munsur Rahman, Anisul Haque. 5th International Conference on Water and Flood Management (ICWFM, 2015). “Rates of sedimention and Relative sea-level rise in Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna (GBM )Delta."
Momtaz Jahan, Md. Mahabub Arefin Chowdhury, Ishtiaq Ahmed, Shampa and Munsur Rahman. 5th International Conference on Water and Flood Management (ICWFM, 2015). “Spatial Variation of Sediment and Some Nutrient Elements in GBM Delta Estuaries: A Preliminary Assessment.”
Papers in preparation for submission to Special Issue on “The Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna Delta System: Biophysical Models to Support Analysis of Ecosystem Services and Poverty Alleviation” of Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts:
- Akanda. A.R, S.K. Biswas, A. Zofer, A.F.M. Saleh, S. Mondol, M.M. Rahaman, N.N. Hoque, Attila N. Lazar and D. Clarke. “Growth and Yield Response of Boro Rice to Different Salinity Stress.”
- Akm Saiful Islam, Lucy Bricheno, Judith Wolf, Mohammad Alfi Hasan, Supriya Paul and Mutasim Billah. “Coupling of open source 1D Hydrodynamic modeling (HEC-RAS) and 3D Coastal Modeling (FVCOM) for the assessment of flow of the lower Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna Delta System.”
- Lucy Bricheno, Saiful Islam, Judith Wolf. "Tidal intrusion within a super delta: an unstructured grid modelling approach."
- S. Kay, J. Caesar, J. Wolf, L. Bricheno, R. Nicholls A.K.M. Saiful Islam, A. Haque and R.Torres. “Modelling the increased risk of coastal flooding in the Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna delta due to sea level rise and climate change.”
- John Caesar, Tamara Janes, and Amanda Lindsay. “Climate projections over Bangladesh and the upstream Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna system.”
- Mostafa A R Hossain, Munir Ahmed, Jose Fernandes Salvador, Manuel Barange and Md. Munsur Rahman. “Recent trends in natural abundance and farming of aquatic organisms in west coast of Bangladesh: Impacts of normal and extreme events.”
- Edmunds, W.M., K. M Ahmed, M A R Hossain, M Ahmed, M Rahman and P G Whitehead “A review of arsenic and its impacts in the Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna Delta, Bangladesh.”
- J.A. Fernandes, M. Barange, M.A.R. Hossain, M. Ahmed, S. Kay. “Projecting fish production in Bangladesh under environmental change.”